On March 23, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker order all non-essential business to close and advised Massachusetts residents to stay at home as much as possible. The new executive order takes effect Tuesday, March 24 at noon. It remains in place until Tuesday, April 7 at noon.
Categories of COVID-19 Essential Services:
- Health Care & Public Health
- Law Enforcement, Public Safety & First Responders
- Food & Agriculture
- Critical Manufacturing
- Water & Wastewater
- Public Works
- Communications and Information Technology
- Financial Services
- Defense Industry Base
- Chemical Manufacturing & Hazardous Materials
- Other Designated Community Based Essential Function & Government Operations
- News Media
See a full list of essential services categories at mass.gov.