Elmer’s General Store has been part of Ashfield since 1835. Originally a General Merchandise store called Josephus Crafts, Elmer Lesure bought it in 1937 and changed the name to Elmer’s. In 2005 Nan Parati relocated from New Orleans to Ashfield and bought Elmer’s. She knew enough to leave the name the same, but wasn’t exactly sure what it should be. What the town didn’t have was a breakfast restaurant, so Elmer’s became that…among other things. Yankee Magazine voted Elmer’s to have the best pancakes in New England. Producer Dave Fraser shares the story of Elmer’s.

Elmer’s General Store
Elmer’s General Store on Twitter: @ElmersStore
Elmer’s General Store Facebook